Skin Care Tips from our Lead Chemist
Curious about the mind of a skin care chemist? Let’s help ease your mind. We asked our Product Development Associate and Chemist Giselle Dalmage to give us the inside scoop on her at-home skin routine as well as some key skin tips to keep your skin glowing and healthy. Let’s dive in!
Giselle’s 5 Skin Tips
- Double cleanse your skin. Cleansing your skin twice, will ensure the removal of all the oil, dirt, bacteria and pollutants that have built up on your skin. This leaves a clean canvas for your daytime or night-time skin care routine.
- Limit the amount of product used on the skin. Less is definitely more when it comes to applying skin care products such as your moisturizer. Only a certain amount of product can penetrate the skin at any one time. Using too much can potentially block your pores and cause breakouts. It is also a waste of product and money. As a rule of thumb, a pea sized amount of product should be sufficient for your entire face.
- Layer your skin care products in the correct order. Apply lightweight formulas to your face first so that they can easily penetrate the skin. Applying a heavier formula first could block lighter weight products from penetrating the skin, making them less effective. Applying your serum before your moisturizer is a great example of correctly layering your skin care products.
- Resist the urge to pop those pimples. Popping your pimples could result in the spread of bacteria which could further irritate your skin and possibly cause scarring.
- Maintain a healthy diet. You are what you eat and your skin’s health is a reflection of your diet. Drinking lots of water is extremely important in maintaining great skin. It flushes out toxins, delivers nutrients to your cells and keeps your skin hydrated. Avoid sugary, oily foods and opt for foods rich in healthy fats and omega-3 fatty acids. They help with the production of collagen in your skin, leaving your skin smoother, more supple and moisturized.
“If you haven’t tried the Rose and Abbot moisturizer, head over to the website and take the Skin Quiz to get your customized moisturizer. Believe me when I tell you, your skin will thank you!”